Skip to content
sustainibeef Top Sirloin Steak
- 1 1/4 pounds sustainibeef top sirloin steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Pat each steak dry with a paper towel. Heat a large cast iron skillet or other heavy pan over medium high heat.
- Pour the olive oil into the pan. Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak in a single layer in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until browned. Use a thermometer to cook the steak to your desired level of doneness. I recommend cooking to medium which is 145 degrees F.
- While the steak is cooking, place the butter in a bowl along with the garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Let the steaks rest for at least 5 minutes off the heat. Place a dollop of butter on top of the steak. Slice the steak. Garnish with additional fresh herbs if desired.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.