Skip to content
sustainibeef Carne Asada Breakfast Burrito
- 1 lb sustainibeef carne asada
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 4 large flour tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season carne asada with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a wide heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat, add oil and swirl to cover the bottom of the pan. Heat until hot.
- Add carne asada in a single layer and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until medium done. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and milk. Whisk until well-blended with no streaks of the white. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a nonstick skillet over low to medium-low heat, melt butter and swirl around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When butter is barely bubbling, add beaten eggs and allow to cook for about 20 to 30 seconds or just until they start to set. Using a spatula, swipe around the edges of the pan to create large soft curds. Don’t flip the curds over. Continue to gently push and fold the eggs to form curds for about 2 to 3 minutes or just until they're set and still slightly wet. Remove from heat immediately and let it stand to warm.
- With a knife, chop the flap steak.
- In a large ungreased nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, warm flour tortilla, turning as needed, for about 20 to 30 seconds or until soft and pliable.
- Place the warm tortilla on a flat, clean surface. Spoon scrambled eggs and spread horizontally in the middle of the tortilla.
- Place steak on top of eggs. Spoon pico de gallo on top of the steak. Sprinkle shredded cheese.
- Pull the bottom half of the burrito over to meet the top half and then pull the filling back to form a roll. Fold both sides in and roll the burrito into a tight log. Transfer to a platter with seam side down and repeat the process with the remaining filling and tortilla.
- In a wide ungreased nonstick skillet over medium heat, place burritos with seam side down. Heat for about 1 to 2 minutes and turn to another side. Continue to heat for another 1 to 2 minutes or until the tortilla is lightly browned and slightly crisp.
- Remove from the pan and cut each burrito into halves. Serve hot.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.